Trumpeter Aircraft 1/32 Messerschmitt Bf109G2 German Fighter Kit
The Bf109G series, or "Gustav", was introduced in mid-1942; its initial variants (G-1 through G-4) differed only in minor details from the Bf 109F, most notably in being powered by the more powerful 1475 PS DB 605 engine. Odd numbered variants were built with a pressurized cockpit and GM-1 boost as high-altitude fighters, while even numbered variants were non-pressurized air superiority fighters and fighter-bombers. Long-range photo-reconnaissance variants also existed. The later G series (G-5 through G-14) was produced in a multitude of variants. By early 1944 tactical requirements resulted in the addition of MW-50 water injection boost and high-performance superchargers, boosting engine output to 1,800-2,000 PS.
- 240+ Parts
- Engraved panel lines and rivets, well-appointed cockpit and engine (with separate cannon breech), cowl-mounted machine guns, separate control surfaces/slats/flaps, segmented canopy, separately molded nose cowling panels, drop tank, optional underwing MG 151/20 cannon gondolas, vinyl tires and photo-etch parts (including seatbelts, seat bucket, rudder pedals, flap wheel, canopy armor and oil cooler face)
- Decals and color painting reference for 2 German aircraft: 'Black 2' of Gunter Rall JG52 in Russia 1943 and 'Yellow 1' of JG52 in Russia during the summer/fall of 1942
- Includes instrument panel marking and stencil data.
- Left and right fuselage molded w/ authentic details
- Finely detailed engine
- Finely detailed engine accessory compartment
- Finely detailed cockpit
- Optional position flaps
- Rubber tires
- Photo-etched parts to upgrade detail