Trumpeter Military Models 1/35 Italian B1 Centauro Tank Destroyer Early Version (2nd Series) w/Upgrade Armor Kit
The Italian "Centauro" is a 4-axles, all wheel driven armored wheeled vehicle. With good mechanical configuration; massive firepower and fine electronic hardware combine together, it is surly one of the best-wheeled armor car on earth. The first order of 400 vehicles was placed by the Italian army in 1989 and in 1993, just one year after its first issue to the troops, 20 of them were already deployed in the UN peace keeping task in Somalia. Since the performance of the Centauro is so outstanding, the Spanish Army also placed an order of 22 vehicles in 1999 and later added an order of another 62 in 2002. The third user to operate the Centauro is the Egyptian Army.
- One-piece multi-slide moulded lower hull
- All the underside contours for the suspension and drive train which is entirely made up of separate parts
- The central drive train with differentials and drive shafts are nicely detailed
- Separate rear panel with separate rear armoured hatch and crew entry doors, separate latch handles inside and outside
- The main tyres are hollow rubber with very good tread pattern included as well as sidewall details consisting of raised section ribs
- Wheel hubs are in great details
- 2-directional slide-moulded upper hull with good clean crisp surface details included
- 4-directional slide-moulded upper turret
- Copper towing cable
- Over 30 photo-etched parts contains headlight guards etc.