Tamiya Military 1/35 Russian KVII Gigant Heavy Tank Kit
The Winter War between the Soviet Union and Finland, which broke out in November 1939, saw fierce fighting as Soviet troops struggled to break through the fortified Mannerheim Line. The KV-II heavy tank was developed to help provide the finishing blow - this highly recognizable vehicle used the KV-I chassis mounted with a massive, boxy turret whose size was necessitated by the use of the 152mm howitzer. Coupled with armor up to 110mm thick (the KV-II was intended to be used in a support role), this meant that the KV-II weighed in at no less than 52 tons, and when one considers that it was over 3 meters tall it is not difficult to imagine why it was nicknamed the "Gigant" by German soldiers - who also made the unpleasant discovery that it was impervious to all but their 8.8cm guns, after hostilities between the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany had begun in 1941.
- It offers a highly realistic recreation of the KV-II form.
- Features depictions of cast surfaces on turret sides.
- Turret and howitzer are moving parts. Driver and commander hatches can be assembled open or closed.
- Comes with 1 versatile figure, which can be displayed in a hatch, or even beside the turret.
- Decals are included to recreate Cyrillic slogans and can be applied as the modeler desires.