Tamiya Military 1/35 Italian Carro Armato M13/40 Med Tank Kit
During WWII, the Italian army used the M13/40 as its main tank. It featured a riveted construction and bogey-style wheels on a leaf spring suspension with a 47mm main gun featuring on Italy's first ever hydraulically operated turret. In addition, the M13/40 was powered by a 125hp V8 liquid-cooled diesel engine which produced a top speed of 30km/h. From July 1940 through to 1943, approximately 800 units were produced. They fought mainly alongside the German African Corps at the North African front.
- The unique riveted form of this tank is faithfully reproduced.
- Easy to connect assembly type tracks included.
- The suspension features a highly realistic finish.
- Metal parts for the gun barrel and photo-etched parts for the anti-aircraft gun sight etc are included.
- Other highlights of this model are its range of tools and radiator cap.
- A standing figure, a sitting tank crewman figure, 3 kinds of decals for the North African front, and a set of badges of rank are included.