Tamiya Aircraft 1/32 Supermarine Spitfire Mk VIII Aircraft Kit
The legendary Spitfire was the representative British fighter of WWII. Many variants were built and among these was the Mk.VIII, a variant developed to be the replacement for the RAF's previous mainstay Spitfire, the Mk.V. The Mk.VIII was fitted with a Rolls-Royce Merlin 60-series engine, larger radiators, and an air filter as standard. Other improvements included fuel tanks added in the wings, retractable tail wheel, shortened ailerons, and enlarged rudder and elevators. From the latter half of 1943, the Mk.VIII were deployed to the Mediterranean and Pacific Theaters and saw service with RAF, USAAF, RCAF, and RAAF units.
- The model features a detailed riveted surface.
- The retractable tail landing gear, shortened ailerons, and fuel tank positioning which are famous features of the Mk.VIII Spitfire are accurately modeled.
- Parts to depict the extended wingtips of the Mk.VIII early production model are included.
- The wing with its two 20mm cannons and four 7.7mm machine guns is faithfully re-produced.
- You can choose to depict your model with the main landing gear in either stowed or deployed position. Parts with built-in magnets also allow you to depict the tail landing gear in either stowed or deployed state.
- Display stand to depict the Mk.VIII in flight included.
- The details of the Rolls Royce Merlin engine including oil tanks, and supercharger have been faithfully modeled. Engine cowlings are removable.
- Movable elevators, rudder, and ailerons.
- Flaps can be depicted in up or down position.
- Parts to depict 30 gallon and 90 gallon fuel drops tanks included.
- One seated and one standing pilot figure included.
- Markings to depict the Mk.VIII flown by the U.S. Air Force, RAAF, and Canadian Air Force included (Total 3.). Canopy masking stickers included.