Tamiya Military 1/48 German PzKpfw III Ausf N SdKfz 141/2 Tank Kit
Invaluable Fire Support - The rugged Panzerkampfwagen III was used in all theaters by the German army in WWII and was well-liked due to its reliability. However, the size limitations of the tank's chassis meant that armament upgrades were limited and its usefulness as a battle tank diminished as the Allies produced more advanced and powerful tanks. With this realization, the final variant of the Pz.kpfw.III, the Ausf.N, was modified into an infantry support tank armed with the short-barreled 75mm gun from the Pz.kpfw.IV, which was being upgraded with more powerful guns. Beginning from June 1942, 700 of these Ausf.N variants, also known as Sturmpanzer III, were made and were often assigned to independent Panzer Battalions to protect the heavier Tiger tanks. The 5mm Schurzen armor skirt modifications were added from the spring of 1943.
- Length: 112mm, Imposing turret armed with short-barrel 75mm gun accurately reproduced.
- Normal gun mantlet, cleaning rod, antenna case, and other distinguishing features of the Ausf.N faithfully depicted.
- Die-cast chassis offers a realistic sense of volume.
- Easy to assemble tracks feature one-piece straight sections with realistic sag effect.
- Can be modeled with or without Schurzen armor skirts.
- 2 types of markings included.
- Line it up with the Ausf.L and StuG III variants to see the Panzer III's development.