Tamiya Aircraft 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M3/3a Model 22 (Zeke) Zero Fighter Kit
Estimated Processing Time: 2-3 Business Days
In summer of 1942 the Model 32 Zero fighter, which featured a superior high-altitude performance and an increased top speed, was introduced. However, its heavy design, reduced fuel capacity, and shorter wings resulted in a reduced flight range. In order to counter this problem, early 1943 saw the introduction of the Model 22 aircraft which came with a standard 11m wingspan and had additional inner-wing fuel tanks to regain a longer flight range. The Mitsubishi A6M3/3a Zero fighter was considered by many to be the most well-balanced Zero aircraft.
The Tamiya 1/72 scale model captures every detail of this historic war bird. Tamiya’s model researchers went to great lengths in collecting data to bring the most accurate model of the Zero to the model enthusiast.
- The more symmetrical form adopted by the Model 22 is realistically captured by the model
- The model can be assembled with longer wing-mounted machine guns
- The cockpit interior and landing gear bay are also accurately reproduced
- Choose between open and closed canopy parts
- 2 marking options are included.