Tamiya Model Ships 1/700 German Z Class (Z37-39) Destroyer Project Barbara Waterline (2) Kits
The Z class destroyer was constructed during Germany's rearmament prior to WWII. The comparatively large hull and high temperature/high pressure boilers combined with efficient German workmanship for an imposing and effective ship. A large number of destroyers, designated Z1 to Z43, were deployed between 1935 and 1944. The early types (Z1-22) were relatively lightly armed with five 12.7cm guns, while the 1936A Type (Z23-30) and 1936A Mobilization Type (Z31-34, Z37-39) featured heavier 15cm guns. As air power began to play a dominant role in naval warfare, plans were drawn up in 1944 under code-name "Barbara" to add air-defenses to the Z class destroyers. This was to comprise fourteen 37mm (6 coaxial, 2 single) and ten 20mm (3 coaxial, 1 quad) cannon as well as six 8.6cm RAG rocket launchers, with some variations between individual ships.
About the model
- Kit includes two 1/700 scale assembly models of the German Z Class Destroyer.
- This is a renewal of an existing item (31905) which includes new parts allowing depiction of the late version "Project Barbara" configuration of Z37-Z39 destroyers.
- Kit allows construction of either early or late version destroyers.
- Package and instruction Internet Hobbies, LLC have been re-designed.
- Cut-out paper flag sheet included to reproduce ships flags.