Revell-Monogram Aircraft 1/72 SR71A Blackbird Aircraft Kit
We are accepting orders for this product but because of the recent sale of Revell, there may be some delays in receiving your order.
This unique airplane flew at 2,000 mph at altitudes that are still classified. With high-tech electronic equipment onboard, it gathered strategic reconnaissance information for the U.S. military for over 25 years. Features: Accurate surface detail, can be built as drone carrier (drone included), water slide decals.
The SR-71 was developed by Lockheed's "Skunk Works" to replace the U-2 high altitude spy plane which had become vulnerable to interception by surface-to-air missiles. The SR-71 is very fast and with a top speed in excess of 2100mph it still holds many world speed records. In the early '90s the SR-71 fleet was mothballed but several aircraft have been reactivated by the continuing need for a manned reconnaissance capability.
- Markings included for one USAF aircraft.
- 66 parts in black and clear plastic with raised panel lines.
- One piece cockpit tub with separate instrument panels, seats, and seated pilot and observer figures. Optional position canopies.
- Detailed landing gear and wheel wells, exhaust nozzles and intake cones.
- Includes D-21 reconnaisance drone with ground trolley.