Italeri Military 1/72 Pegasus Bridge Assault Battle Diorama Set (New Tool)
On the night between June 5th and 6th 1944, during the early stages of Operation Overlord the 6th British Airborne Division received the goal to capture and control the movable bridge that crossed the Orne River near the city of Ouistreham in Normandy. The control of the bridge, renamed in code “Pegasus” was a key point to make secure the eastern flank of the operational scenario and to prevent German armor troops counterattack that could reach the Allied landing area at Sword beach. The British paratroopers, in Horsa gliders, landed near the bridge and, thanks to rapid and effective action, defeated the German troops that defended the bridge. Even today the Pegasus Bridge is a point of reference for all those who visit the most significant places of “Overlord”.
- Decals are supplied for a bit-o' signage
- The structure of the bridge is made from Laser cut wood
- Plastic parts for equipment and defenses
- Guns, cars and trucks are included
- Both German and British soldiers are included