Italeri Military 1/35 SdKfz 161/2 PzKpfw IV Ausf H Tank Kit
Designed as support tank, the Panzer IV was not originally intended to engage enemy armor. However, with the flaws of pre-war design becoming apparent and in the face of Soviet T-34 and KV-1 tanks, the Panzer IV assumed the tank-fighting role instead of PzIII . The most widely manufactured and deployed German tank of the Second World War, the Panzer IV was the “workhorse” of German tank’s regiments, used as the base for many other fighting vehicles, including tank destroyers, self-propelled artillery, and self-propelled anti-aircraft guns. Robust and reliable, it saw service in all combat theaters and has the distinction of being the only German tank to remain in continuous production throughout the war, with over 8,500 produced between 1936 and 1945. Upgrades and design modifications, often made in response to the appearance of new Allied tanks, extended its service life. Generally, these involved increasing the Panzer IV's armor protection or upgrading its weapons. The Ausf. H version began production in April 1943 and received the designation Sd. Kfz. 161/2. This variant saw the integrity of the glacis armor improved by manufacturing it as a single 80-millimeter plate The 75mm KwK 40 L/43 gun was replaced by the longer KwK 40 L/48. The vehicle's side and turret were further protected by the addition of 5-millimeter side-skirts and a turret skirt. During the Ausf. H's production run its rubber-tired return rollers were replaced with cast steel. The Panzer IVH was the most widely produced variant with over 3000 tanks assembled in Nibelungenwerke and Vomag plants.
- FULLY UPGRADED MOLDS
- PHOTO-ETCHED FRET, LINK BY LINK TRACKS AND METAL GUN BARREL INCLUDED
Decals for Four Versions