Hobby Boss Aircraft 1/32 IL-2M GRD Attack Aircraft Kit
The Ilyushin IL-2 Sturmovik was a Soviet Union attack aircraft in the WWII. Designed as a armored low-level close-support aircraft capable of defeating enemy armor and other ground targets. First flew on October 12, 1940 as prototype TsKB-57, The aircraft entered production in March 1941,and come into service in May. A total of 36,163 were built. The Sturmovik played a crucial role on the Eastern Front, famous nicknames as the "Black Death"
- Engraved panel and rivet detail
- Well detailed cockpits
- Full engine, reinforcing wing spars, separate control surfaces, optional position flaps, machine guns with magazines, cannon pods with full weapon detail and clear-molded gondolas, wing bomb bays with optional position doors, segmented canopy, clear-molded upper cowling and instrument panel, vinyl ammunition belts and main tires, white metal main gear struts
- Photo-etch parts (seat belts and bomb bay details)
- Extensive ordnance - general purpose bombs (2 each FAB-50, FAB-100, DAB-100, BRAB-220 and FAB-250), 2 each PLBG-150, 4 each ROFS-132 rockets and 8 each RS-132 rockets.
- Decals and color painting reference for 2 Soviet aircraft: 'White 24' and Yellow 31' - includes instrument panel markings