Hobby Boss Aircraft 1/48 F3H-2 Demon Kit
The F3H Demon was a subsonic swept-wing carrier-based jet fighter aircraft. Development work began in 1949, prototypes ordered September 30, 1949. XF3H-1 prototype flew August 7, 1951. Total build 519 Demons on November 17, 1959.F3H-2 were first operation version of the Demon family, the Navy ordered 239 F3H-2s, and the first were deployed in March 1956.Resignated F-3B in 1962.
- Engraved panel lines and rivet heads, well detailed cockpit and wheel wells, optional position speed brakes, separate control surfaces, multi-part canopy, well detailed landing gear and arresting hook, refueling probe, exhaust pipe with turbine face, intricate exhaust nozzle, drop tanks (x2), AIM-9B missiles (x2), AIM-7C missiles (x2) and photo-etch parts (wing fences, spoilers, speed brake walls and afterburner flame holder)
- Wings may be assembled in folded position after cutting (wings are internally scored to ease this option)
Decals and color painting reference for 4 US Navy aircraft:
- BuNo 143477 of VF-31 'Felix the Cat'
- BuNo 143467 of VF-213 'Black Lions'
- BuNo137033 of VF-61 'Jolly Rogers'
- BuNo 143435 of VF-21 'Freelancers'