Dragon Models Aircraft 1/72 Heinkel He 219A-5/R4 Kit
As Germany suffered terribly from interminable Allied bombing as WWII progressed, a number of new weapons were fielded. The Heinkel He 219 Uhu (Eagle-Owl), a night-fighter, was one such weapon. The He 219 was a very effective aircraft in the Luftwaffe, but due to political wrangling, production was too low to have any impact on the course of the war. The effectiveness of the night-fighter can be seen in its debut, when a pre-production aircraft shot down five Allied bombers in one night! The A-5 was to be a major production variant of the Uhu, the craft possessing a 90MHz VHF Telefunken FuG 220 Liechtenstein SN-2 radar system with a range of 4km. This was very useful in hunting down bombers at night.
- New tooled 3-seat cockpit with detail specific to He219A5/R4
- New tooled and delicately detailed MG131 for rear-seat position
- New tooled canopy with ultimate level of detail for He219A5/R4
- Photo-etched parts to enhance details
- New Cartograf decal offers different markings