Academy Aircraft 1/48 F4B/N WMFA531 Gray Ghosts USMC/USN Fighter Kit
Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 531 (VMFA-531) was a United States Marine Corps fighter squadron consisting of F/A-18 Hornets.
The Vietnam War
On April 10, 1965, 15 F-4Bs from the squadron arrived at a Da Nang Air Base becoming the first land-based Marine Corps jets during the Vietnam War. They immediately began flying bombing missions under radar guidance and standard close air support missions in support of Marines on the ground.
- Precisely engraved cockpit and landing gear
- Accurately detailed panel lines and rivets
- Various air-to surface and air-to-air weapons included
- Waterslide decals
- Illustrated instructions
One decal sheet with markings for 3 versions:
- F-4N BuNo. 152323 VK/200, VMFA-531 Gray Ghosts, CAG USS Coral Sea, April, 1980
- F-4B BuNo. 152274 VW-5 Maj. E.C. Paige and D.D. Rodmond, VMFA-314 Black, Knights, Da Nang, March 14, 1966
- F-4B BuNo. 153066 VW-3, Maj. Carl E.R. Black, and Bob Schmitt,
- VMRA-314 Black Knights, Chu Lai, November 1, 1968