Trumpeter Ship 1/350 HMS Colombo British Light Cruiser (New Tool) Kit
The Colombo was launched at the Fairfield Shipbuilding Company on December 18, 1918. From June 1919 to 1926, she joined the Eastern Fleet in the Far East and was reassigned to the waters of the United States and the West Indies. From July 1932 to 1935 she returned to the Eastern Fleet.
Colombo was then incorporated into the early Royal Navy's home fleet, and she also participated in the pursuit of the German battlecruisers Scharnhorst and Gneisenau. She then returned to Britain again for repairs, and between August 1940 and June 1942, she continued to return to the Eastern Fleet for service. From June 1942 to March 1943, the Colombo and her sister ships of the same class were converted into air defense cruisers and continued to participate in the war. Colombo survived the war and was sold at Cashmore on January 22, 1948, and dismantled at Newport Shipyard on May 13, 1948.