Tamiya Military 1/48 British Universal Carrier Mk II Kit
During World War II, British and Commonwealth armies used a vast number of small sized, fully tracked weapons carriers, chief among which was the Universal Carrier Mk.II. The compact, open top vehicle served in a variety of roles on the North African, Italian and West European fronts. A number of variants were constructed, including models mounted with mortars and flamethrowers, however, most machines typically carried a Bren light machine gun. Over 65,000 models were manufactured in Britain, Canada and other Commonwealth countries, making it one of the most numerous armored vehicles built during WWII.
- Impressive level of detail.
- Tracks and roller wheels made from single piece for ease of assembly.
- Suspension coil spring made from separate part for extra realism.
- Replicates the Mk.II's distinctive box-like shape and open top style.
- Includes perfectly detailed accessories like the Bren gun, Enfield rifle and ammo boxes.
- Choice of 4 different markings of Universal Carriers serving in Europe and North Africa.