Tamiya Aircraft 1/32 Vought F4U-1D Corsair Kit
This is the D variant of the popular Corsair World War II fighter plane. It uses new parts to recreate features specific to the F4U-1D, which was the first Corsair to be cleared for use on aircraft carriers. This fighter-bomber could carry drop tanks on new hard points under the wing root, and up to 8 rockets under the outer wing. It provided invaluable close support for ground troops during landings in places such as the Philippines and Okinawa, and continued to serve after WWII, in Korea.
F4U-1D Specific Detail Differences From Previous Variants:
- The semi-bubble canopy was altered during production to remove upper side frames and improve visibility.
- Propeller blades were thicker from the root.
- Hardpoints under the wing root allowed carrying of bombs and drop tanks.
- The tail wheel cover had a new fairing to improve aerodynamics.
- Outer wing sections had extended metal areas with mounts for eight rockets total.
- Cockpit floor window was scrapped.