Tamiya Military 1/35 German SdKfz 131 Marder II Tank Destroyer Kit
In 1942, Germany developed a new vehicle which was based on the Panzer II hull and armed with the 75mm PaK 40 in order to counter superior Russian tanks. This vehicle was officially designated the Sd.Kfz. 131 and became known as the Marder II. It was suited for ambushing enemies from concealed positions. Production of the Sd.Kfz. 131 began in June 1942 and 531 examples were produced. They served to protect the infantry from Russian tanks until more capable tank destroyers were deployed to the front lines.
- Open superstructure with detailed gun breech and shell cases
- The 75mm Pak 40 main gun is movable
- Radio rack, wooden boxes, and shell cartridges are included
- Gun travel lock can be depicted with either deployed or stowed position
- Belt type tracks and 2 crew figures included