Roundhouse Trains HO 50' ACF Outside Post Box, CN #418629
Estimated Shipping: 2-3 Business Days
In the 1970s American Railroads were faced with boxcars of adequate size and weight becoming in short supply. There was a surplus of aging 40' boxcars. These fell out of favor with shippers during this time. Many railroads were either stretching the 40' boxcars into 50' cars or buying brand new cars built to more modern specifications. In some cases both were the case. This period became known as the "boxcar boom". This example was one of the earliest examples built by ACF for RailBox. This boxcar had a 5077 cu. ft. capacity and was a Plate "B" clearance. These cars are becoming fewer in the modern railroad scene today but still occasionally found in trains.
- All paint schemes are representative of current logos
- 70-ton Roller Bearing trucks with 33" wheels
- Fully-assembled and ready to run out of the box
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Separately applied brake wheel
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Machined metal wheels
- Weighted for trouble free operation
- Wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Window packaging for easy viewing plus interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
- Replacement parts available
- Minimum radius: 18"