Monroe Models HO Diesel Engine House Kit
This Engine House is modeled after a Chicago Northwestern Railroad prototype built about 1960. Diesel Engine Houses like this were constructed by most railroads at rail yard facilities. After steam engine roundhouses were retired, diesel engines needed a more modern facility in which to maintain them. These buildings often included door cabinets, supply cupboards, lube oil, sand storage bins, automatic oil burning space heaters, a desk and clothes lockers. This engine house has space for one locomotive and includes the vents to exhaust the diesel. We think you'll love this kit!
- The kit is made from laser-cut Strong Board and Bass Wood
- It includes laser-cut windows, doors, and trim; all with peel-and-stick backing for easy assembly and painting
- The interior includes laser-cut floors and interior bracing
- It is constructed so the "office" can be omitted or moved to another location on the structure.
- The roof is also designed so it can be easily removed for access to your engine or the ability to add interior detail and lights (sold separately)
- The kit also includes directions with photos and diagrams for easy step by step construction