Hobby Boss Aircraft 1/48 F-111D/E Ardvark Kit
The F-111 Aardvark was designed as a all-weather multi-role aircraft by the General Dynamics . It was the result of the requirement in the 1960s for a long range interceptor to US Navy and deep-strike interdictor to USAF, but the Navy versions was failed,, so the project ended as an strike aircraft. The F-111 with a Features as twin-seat,twin-power, wing-wing, a semi-monocoque aircraft, First flight 21 December 1964. first production F-111s were delivered on 18 July 1967. the F-111s total Production was 563 aircraft. F-111A is the early Variants of the F-111 Family, 158 F-111A was built.
- Fine recessed panel lines and rivets
- Well detailed side-by-side cockpit, radar package, multi-part optional position canopy
- Detailed undercarriage with vinyl tires
- Separate leading trailing edge flaps and spoilers
- Detailed wheel wells and weapons bay
- (2) full engines
- Optional open/closed weapons bay doors, avionics bays with black boxes and separate access panels, (2) drop tanks, plus external stores (TERS, MERS, AVQ-26 laser designator, guide pod, (2) AIM-9B missiles, (6) Mk 20 bombs, (12) Mk 82 bombs, and 2 each: GBU-15s, GBU-10s, GBU-24s, GBU-28s, AGM-84Hs and GBU-31 bombs)
- Decals and color painting guide for 2 USAF aircraft: s/n 68-0055, 'Heartbreaker' of the 55th TFS and s/n 68 - 0049, 'Tiger's Head, Fairford, 1991 - includes stencils, instrument panels and weapons markings.