Broadway Limited Imports USRA 2-8-2 Heavy Mikado with Sound and DCC - Paragon3 - Nickel Plate Road 686 (Black, Graphite)
ALL BROADWAY LIMITED PRODUCTS ARE INELIGIBLE FOR ANY INTERNET HOBBIES' PROMOTIONS OR SPECIAL OFFERS.
For the first time in the Paragon3 series, BLI is bringing out the USRA Light and Heavy 2-8-2 designs, commonly called Heavy Mikados and Light Mikados. There were 233 original USRA Heavy 2-8-2's built plus another 957 copies, covering 23 railroads. It was an extremely successful design. The USRA Heavy Mikados used pretty much the same running gear as the Light Mik's, but the boilers were 10 inches larger in diameter and they had larger cylinders as well. Tractive effort was about 10% higher for the heavy 2-8-2's.
BLI's models follow the original designs closely. Railroad specific variations are not modeled on these locomotives. In most instances, BLI offers two locomotive numbers for each railroad, and they are offering a painted model (black) with no lettering.
NOTICE: Due to insufficient boiler diameter in the USRA Heavy and Light Pacifics, these units will not have smoke units. Features:
- New Paragon3 Sound & Operation System Featuring Rolling ThunderTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Tender Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 83 and 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater